Seasonal Fruit Crisp is a great dessert anytime of the year! There are so many fruit combinations to choose from! How we LOVE summer for it’s hot days and it’s many delicious varieties of summer fruit! This oh so easy dessert is a perfect way to use up all your fruit. Its a crowd pleaser too with it’s warm delicious fruit topped off with a crunchy buttery sweet topping~ does it get any better on a warm summer night? Oh and don’t forget the ice cream. How wonderful it is when it melts all over the warm fruit and crispy topping!
One of our family favorite desserts is to bring our seasonal crisp to a friends BBQ or summer party. Even better, you can feel good about eating it for breakfast topped with yogurt! LOL. Truly a great recipe to keep in your repertoire of family favorite desserts!
Seasonal Fruit Crisp Ingredients & Method:
1 pint blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, truly any berries!
7 ripe plums, washed
4-5 ripe peaches or nectarines, washed
8 apples or apple pear combination
Endless fruit combinations!
- Slice and remover the pit from the stone fruit, cherries, apples, pears and place into a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Add washed berries and set aside.
Crisp Topping Ingredients & Method:
In a bowl mix together all ingredients using a pastry blender or fork until crumbly:
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 C brown sugar or coconut sugar
1/2 C coconut flour
1 1/2 C rolled oats (gluten free option)
1-2 tsp cinnamon
Meg likes to add chopped nuts with a drizzle of topping for a yummy variation!
- Sprinkle crisp topping over fruit. Do not pat down.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream, coconut ice cream or fresh cinnamon spiked whipped cream. YUM!