1-2 Cloves Garlic, minced (shallots work well if you’re not a fan of garlic)
Fresh basil leaves, 5-10 leaves, chopped
¼ C pitted Kalamata Olives
1-2 chopped heirloom tomatoes, OR 1 container Cherry tomatoes, OR Sun dried tomatoes (omit tomatoes if cleaning)
¼- ½ tsp Crushed Chili Pepper flakes
1 Tbl. Capers ( a little juice is OK)
¼- ½ C Crumbled goat or sheep Feta (optional, omit if cleaning use nutritional yeast)
Olive Oil, enough to drizzle
1 lb pasta: Favorite pasta choices; penne, fusilli, spaghetti.
Pecorino Romano grated or shaved (optional, omit if cleaning use nutritional yeast)
Optional vegetables to add:
- Sautéed zucchini moons* recipe link: HERE
- Grilled eggplant sliced makes another nice addition. Check out how to grill vegetables: HERE
Additional vegetables are great, but not necessary for this flavorful easy to make pasta dish.
- Wash and dry all vegetables. Set them aside.
- In a 10-12” skillet add 2 Tbl. of olive oil, sauté garlic on med-low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add capers, tomatoes, olives and chili flakes. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add basil now or fresh as a garnish. Take skillet off from heat and set aside.
- Cook pasta. Drain well.
- Toss pasta with cooked ingredients, drizzle olive oil, and crumble feta on top.
- Pepper and Pecorino Romano cheese to taste.
Watch Video Here
Enjoy with a nice salad!
Here is the CLEAN version showed with salad below.