A few weeks ago a client of ours shared PowerHungry’s homemade KIND Bar recipe. We feel if there is a good product on the shelves, just to purchase it at the store. However, we were inspired us to make a soy-free version of our favorite travel food!
What we discovered was how easy it is to make these bar! The only pain is packaging them (since they stick to plastic, you have to cut little sheets of parchment paper & tape close which takes the most time). Here is what we did, but get creative! Use your favorite nuts, seeds (including type: roasted, raw, etc), and dried fruit!!
1 cup roasted cashews (or almonds, pistachios, walnuts, macadamias), coarsely chopped
1 cup roasted almonds, coarsely chopped (or seeds: pepitas, sunflower, sesame)
1/3 cup chopped dried fruit
1/8 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
1 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
¼ cup brown rice syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch rectangle pan** with foil and lightly spray with coconut oil/another spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped nuts, dried fruit, salt and vanilla powder. Add syrup and mix until combined.
- Scoop mixture into prepared pan. To spread out evenly, use a piece of foil the size of the pan. Spray the foil lightly with nonstick spray & use the side with spray to press and evenly spread into pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Place pan on cooling rack and let it sit for 15-20 minutes until the bars are partially set (DO NOT REMOVE FROM PAN OR FOIL YET! The bars will not be hard at this point). Take the bars out of pan (still in foil lining) and cut into 12 bars.
- Once bars are completely set (20-30min later), remove from foil and package in parchment paper tapped closed. Store in airtight container or bag at room temperature for us to 2 weeks 🙂