“HELLO DOLLIES, MAGIC OR 7 LAYER BARS”
½ Stick or 4 oz butter or alternative butter sticks (Melt or Earth Balance)
1 C Graham Cracker Crumbs (Kinnikinnick brand makes a great one!) OR In a mini food processor, OR baggie and a rolling pin, make fine crumbs from gluten free graham crackers.
1 Package chocolate chips (Our personal favorite is Enjoy Life large chunks)
1 Package Peanut butter or butterscotch chips
1 container Sweetened Condensed Milk (California Farms Organic) OR make a dairy free coconut milk version (Meg’s and I are working on the dairy free version and will post as soon as we find one we like!)
1 C Coconut flakes (more if needed to cover the top)
1 C chopped pecans or other favorite nuts: walnut or a mixture with macadamia
1 9 x 13 baking dish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Here are your 7 Steps to making a slice of heaven!
1. Melt butter to cover bottom of pan
2. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter, (shake pan to distribute evenly)
3. Add package of chocolate chips evenly over the graham crackers (shake again)
4. Add package of peanut or butterscotch chips evenly over chocolate chips
5. Slowly in a back and forth motion, pour sweetened condensed milk over chips
6. Sprinkle coconut flakes over condensed milk
7. Sprinkle chopped pecans over coconut flakes
Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
WATCH How to make Hello Dollie Bars :