Dairy Free Pesto Sauce is a wonderful condiment we love using both our our dairy free friends and family as well as in our Cleansing with Food Workshops. There are so many ways to use this dairy free version similar to all the ways we share in our traditional Homemade Pesto Sauce recipe. Cleansing with Food is an anti-inflammatory cleanse that we eliminate a variety of foods that can potentially cause inflammation in our body’s. Dairy is one of those foods. In this “clean” pesto version we never feel deprived as the flavor still is wonderful! If you love a cheesy flavor we add nutritional yeast into this Dairy free pesto sauce.
Dairy Free Pesto Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 2-3 whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 C Pine nuts (or hemp seeds, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, pecans pr walnuts)
- 1/4 C Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- 1/3 Olive oil ( more for thinning)
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- Mini food prep or blender
- Glass jar for storage.
Dairy Free Pesto Method:
- Pick leaves of both basil and cilantro.
- Place leaves and garlic into food processor or blender and PULSE
- Add the nuts of choices. We love pine nuts. PULSE
- Add the nutritional yeast. PULSE
- While motor is on, add the olive oil until desired consistency.
- Place in a small jar.
- Cover the pesto with olive oil to stop pesto from turning brown.
- May freeze in ice cube trays then transfer to freezer bags Or freeze in small freezer containers.