Seasonal Roasted Vegetables are nature’s colorful gems. Seriously, it’s how I got all the girls to eat vegetables. Soon after they discovered just how delicious they were, we had serious veggie wars! LOL! I’d try to make a couple trays of roasted seasonal vegetables to have some for the next couple of days to toss in with my salads make a wonderful roasted soup, or add to your soul warming Buddha Bowl or toss into a frittata. It never ceases to amaze me, even today, how all the trays of Roasted Seasonal Vegetables somehow manage to disappear!
I am a happy mom, because today our entire family loves their veggies! A mothers dream come true 🙂
Roasted Seasonal Vegetables Ingredients:
1 lb. each: brussel sprouts, carrots, candy cane beets, red beets ( in photo)
3-4 whole garlic cloves minced
Celtic Sea Salt or a favorite flavored sea salt
Fresh herbs (optional)
Roasted Seasonal Vegetables Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees (use convection if you have it)Wash and dry all vegetables. Cube or cut them approximately into the same size
- Place vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with some olive oil (don’t drench or will become soggy), and.
- Toss well and sprinkle with some sea salt and minced fresh herbs: thyme, oregano, or sage from the garden! Dried works well too!
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper, (not waxed paper).
- Spread vegetables evenly, single layer them. Try not to stack. That way everyone gets the “good browned crispy ones”. You may need two sheets.
- NOTE: You may start out with a full overloading tray, but the veggies will shrink.
- Turn oven down to 325 degrees and put vegetables in oven.
- Bake up to 1 hour or until fork tender. Convection will cook faster.
- If you want them sooner, leave them in at 400 degrees for 45 min. But check more often so they veggies’ don’t burn.
FYI: When you cut up all the vegetables it will look like tons, however, I recommend making 2 trays as they cook down and get eaten rapidly. They are great the next day added to soups, salads, scrambled in your morning eggs. Roasted veggies’ never get wasted!