There are so many ways to enjoy the health-filled varieties of cauliflower while reaping it’s many benefits! There are many ways to prepare this wonderful vegetable~ sauteed, roasted, chopped raw in a salad, as dippers for your crudites platter, in soup, or mashed instead of potatoes.
Here’s a quick yet flavorful creamy cauliflower puree with a hint of thyme. Have fun experimenting with the many varieties of cauliflower as well as adding your personal favorite herbs!
Cauliflower Thyme Vegetable Puree
3 Cups or more rough chopped cauliflower
2 C sugar snap peas, removing thin string*
1-2 Zucchinis rough chopped
½ Onion rough chopped
½ C Leek (optional)
3 fresh cloves of garlic or shallot chopped
1 ½ tsp fresh minced thyme (dried ¾ tsp)
2 T Olive Oil or coconut oil
4 C Stock: Homemade chicken, vegetable or Imagine’s No-Chicken Broth
Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Sauté onion, leek, minced thyme leaves, and garlic in oil.
- Add remaining vegetables, and stock.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are fork tender
- Carefully, using an immersion hand blender, puree the soup.
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Top with fresh herbs.
Enjoy with a salad for a light dinner or perfect while CLEAN-ing!