Chicken Red Enchiladas (Homemade Sauce)
2 Large whole poached Chicken Breasts OR 1 whole roasted chicken, shredded (2 Cups)
1 C finely diced onion
1 Clove garlic, minced
2 T Butter, ghee, or olive oil
1 28oz.can organic crushed tomatoes
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ C mild green chilies, chopped
1 T honey
½ t Salt
1 Tbl. Cumin
1 tsp. Curry Girl’s Six Seasonings
½ tsp Chili Blend seasonings
12 Corn Tortillas, warmed to soften
2 T Sour Cream
Guacamole or sliced avocados for garnish
Fresh cilantro for garnish
For Red Sauce:
- In a medium sauce pan, sauté diced onions and garlic in butter or ghee until soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes, honey, cumin, seasonings, chili blend, oregano, and chilies.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
While sauce is simmering:
- Shred chicken meat, and set aside.
- Grate or ready cheeses
Putting the enchiladas together:
- Pour a little of the red sauce into the glass pan.
- Dip each tortilla into red mixture to soften. About 8-9 tortillas
- Place approx ¼ Cup of shredded chicken and 2 Tbl. cheese blend into each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in the un-greased 9 x 13 in. baking pan.
- Blend sour cream into remaining red sauce and pour over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle top w/ remaining cheese.
- Bake UN-covered @ 350 for 20-30 minutes until heated through, hot and bubbly.
Watch recipe video HERE.