A Buddha Bowl is a healthy fast food meal made up of mostly vegetables. For us, it’s a wonderful way to make a quick simple lunch or dinner using vegetables, grains, beans and or legumes topped with gut healthy fermented Kimchee, all in one bowl. Most all of the ingredients you might even have in your refrigerator or pantry. Simple to assemble once you gather what you want. Think: vegetables and greens, fermented food like Kimchee or pickled radishes, cooked beans or lentils, and a grain such as brown or black rice, millet or quinoa. Make an oh so tasty Green Goddess Dressing to top it off and pull all the flavors together. It doesn’t take too much effort to create a marvelous breakfast, lunch or dinner. Really Buddha Bowls can be eaten any time of the day! Make your bowl with any and or all the suggestions we share.
Some great Buddha Bowl recipe additions for your bowl are: roasted vegetables, sautéed greens & fennel, turmeric rice to name a few. It’s such a fantastic easy way to eat a rainbow of colorful vegetables, because it’s not always easy eating 9 cups of veggies a day. Think out of the box when creating a Buddha Bowl. Be daring and try making a savory breakfast Buddha Bowl. Add a teriyaki chicken or a wild fish, garlic shrimp even poke on top. There truly are endless ways for making your wonderful Buddha Bowl creation. Then take a photo and send it to us pretty please. We love seeing what you’re cooking! Please share so you too can inspire the whole Curry Girls Community!
Get a dose of heart healthy, diabetes buster, and nourishing gut healing digestive enzymes all from this one Buddha Bowl. It sure is a feel good from the inside out!
Watch our Buddha Bowl recipe video. Then scroll down for all the wonderful recipes that go into making this yummy bowl.
Buddha Bowl Ingredients:
- Spouted cooked quinoa and legumes
- Roasted vegetables (recipe follows)
- Sautéed greens (recipe follows)
- Avocado, sliced for topping
- Watercress, arugula, kale salad, houw salad
- Pine nuts, toasted or cashews, pumpkin and or sunflower seeds or hemp seeds to garnish
- Red onions pre-soaked over night in Ume Plum vinegar
- Green Goddess dressing (recipe follows)
Buddha Bowl Method:
- Cook all ingredients for the bowl separately.
- For the quinoa and legumes, follow package instructions. Once readied, assemble into bowl or plate.
- Drizzle Green Goddess dressing over ingredients and serve with watercress, red onions and toasted pine nuts as garnish.
Roasted Vegetable Ingredients:
- 4-6 Cups Chopped seasonal vegetables:
- ½ head cauliflower cut into small florets
- Medium diced: summer or winter squash, halved brussel sprouts, sugar snap peas, and or asparagus
- 3-4 fresh garlic cloves minced or a few shakes of garlic granules
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Fresh herbs: thyme, oregano, chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt, truffle salt, or other favorite flavored sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Parchment paper
- Roasting pan
Roasted Vegetable Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. T
- oss cut vegetables in a bowl and mix with olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs and salt.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper (not waxed paper).
- Spread vegetables evenly in a single layer. Use a second pan if necessary.
- Place sheet in oven and turn down to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until fork tender and browned.
Note: the smaller the cubes, the faster they cook. Also if you use a convection oven they cook in 30 minutes. Works to broil vegetables too. Broil vegetables on middle rack of oven for 10 minutes. Then roast for 20. This is another option for roasting.
Sautéed Greens Ingredients:
- 1-2 Bunches of greens (kale, beet greens, chard, spinach, broccoli leaves or rapini)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil or coconut oil for sautéing
- Salt and pepper
- Flax oil to taste (not to cook only for garnish)
- Dulce flakes
Sautéed Greens Method:
- Heat pan.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil. Add greens.
- Cover and cook until greens wilt, about 2 minutes, then uncover.
- Continue sautéing for about 3 minutes keeping green vibrant color.
- To serve, drizzle with flax oil, sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, & Dulce Flakes
Green Goddess Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 Majestic Garlic Spread, entire container, or 8 oz garlic aioli, or Veganese
- 2 Anchovy fillets
- ¼ C Parsley, minced or ½ C parsley leaves and stems
- ¼ C Chives, minced
- 1 Onion, green or spring
- 1 heaping Tbsp. Tarragon leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
Green Goddess Dressing Method:
- In a food processor or blender, add all ingredients, and blend thoroughly.
- Keep refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
Vegan Green Goddess Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 ½ small – medium Avocados
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- ¼ C Tarragon
- ¼ C Parsley
- ½ C Scallions/green onions (use both green and white parts)
- ¼ C Lemon, juiced
- 5 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 6 Tbsp. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt
Vegan Green Goddess Dressing Method:
- In a food processor, blend together the garlic, avocado, olive oil, and water.
- Add basil, parsley, chives, and scallions and pulse to blend.
- Add lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and salt and blend to combine.
- Note: if it’s too tangy add ½ tsp. honey.