¼ Cup Ghee or butter
1 brown onion finely chopped
1 Cup mushrooms sliced ( shiitake, maitake, portabella, brown) Choose one or a combo.
1 shallot minced
2-3 fresh garlic cloves minced
¼ C gluten free flour ( Pamela’s Artisan or a Cup for Cup)
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp. Pepper or Fresh ground to taste
1 ½ lbs thinly sliced grass fed beef or filet mignon
1/2 C white wine or chicken or beef stock/broth
1 Can Amy’s Porcini Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 -1 C organic full fat sour cream.
1 box of wide butter noodles, cooked and buttered. We used Jovial’s gluten free Tagliatelle pasta.
1 bag of par cooked frozen petite peas or fresh shelled peas (directions for par-cooking below)
- Sauté onion, shallots and garlic in ghee until soft.
- While cooking the onions, lightly dredge the beef in the flour, salt and pepper mixture.
- Next add the beef to the onions and cook until nicely browned.
- Add 1/2 C wine or chicken or beef stock.
- Pour in Cream of Mushroom Soup. Heat on simmer until thickened. Turn off heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Gently stir in sour cream.
- Stir in par cooked peas.
- Serve over buttered noodles.
To Par-cook peas:
In a small pot, bring 1 1/2 C water to boil. Once boiled, add peas. Turn off heat, cover pot and set aside. Let sit for 3-5 minutes until thawed. Taste a few to make sure they are just cooked, not mooshy. This method will keep peas vibrant in color. Drain peas and set aside until ready to use. If using fresh peas let simmer a little longer about 5-8 minutes, testing to see when done.
WATCH VIDEO HERE